The Jeep Jamboree on the Rubicon trail is a tour on an old Indian path in the
West close to Lake Tahoe. Rated 10/10 on off road difficulty scale, it is an
extraordinary adventure for Jeep fans.
- The trail is close to Lake Tahoe in the mountainous area between Nevada
- The Jamboree starts at South Lake Tahoe. After reaching the trail head,
the Jeeps get prepared for some serious off road driving.
- On the trail
- Rule N° 1: Never go alone. Any vehicle may be called for assistance to
another. The Dodge could not pass a rock, two Wranglers with winches helped
- Going downhill
- The spotters'help is essential.
- Loon Lake
- It takes 1 1/2 days to go 22 miles.
- The Sluice
- A dry creek bed where the water from the melting snow goes down every
- Rubicon Springs
- Driving instructions: avoid using the clutch, go easy on the brake and
easy on the accelerator. Thread lightly!
- Cadillac Hill
- Rubicon Springs used to be accessible by car from Lake Tahoe, and an old
Cadillac was sitting on the side of the trail. But today this trail is
definitely only a 4WD road.
- Jeep people
- Some pictures of the group and the team that helped them to make the
Photos by Larry Rae et Johannes Heidecker